hot out the oven!
These little 2-3 bite apple pie roll-ups were deeelicious and simple. You can mix things up with this recipe so it’s suitable for breakfast or dessert. These ones were my Monday morning breakfast, so I went light on the sugar and heavier with the spices. Plus, the apples I used were from my CSA box so they were plenty sweet for me.
This was a small batch of 4, but adjusting proportions is easy to do.
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls (if you’re feeling fancy you could make your own dough)
1 T. coconut oil, melted
1 T. sugar of your choice
1 T. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
dash of ginger
brown sugar for topping
1. preheat the oven to 425°.
2. roll out crescent roll triangles on to a greased or lined baking sheet.
3. cut the apple into slices – since I was only making 4 roll-ups, I had extra apple slices… so I was forced to eat them.
4. mix together sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
5. brush triangles with coconut oil and sprinkle sugar/spice mixture on to oil brushed side of the dough, then flip the triangles over and repeat.
5. place 1 apple slice onto each triangle and roll it on up.
6. place in the oven to cook for 10 minutes. they should be a light brown and slightly crisped when you remove them.
7. sprinkle them with any topping of your choice, I used brown sugar. To make them more apple pie like, I am sure plopping a little apple butter on them would be amazing.
8. eat them fast before they’re swiped from right in front of you!
It is safe to say the whole household enjoyed them.