Slightly adapted from Super Natural Every Day
2 C. rolled oats
1 C. almonds, chopped
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 C. almond milk
1/3 C. maple syrup
1 large egg
1 T. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
2 C. mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add half of the butter to the inside of a square or round 8-inch baking dish and place in oven for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, half of the almonds, the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, the milk, egg, half of the butter, and the vanilla.
- Spread a single layer of bananas across the bottom of the buttered baking dish, followed by about two-thirds of the berries on top.
- Pour the oat mixture in the dish over the fruit and then drizzle the milk mixture over the oats. Scatter the remaining berries and almonds over the top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until the top is golden and the oats are set. Let cool for a few minutes.