buffalo chicken + beer + cheese dip
How long has it been since the Super Bowl? – because that’s when I made this dip. I was THIS excited when I found the recipe on Pinterest and could not wait to make it for the Super Bowl, despite having zero idea what I was doing that day. I just knew that this delicious recipe would be happening. I had to read the name of the dip about 3 times to take it all in. It seemed so simple and I could imagine dipping chips, celery, my finger into it all Sunday afternoon.
You can imagine the level of disappointment I felt when I tasted it and realized it was not the world’s best dip. I thought it was a bit too salty plus lacked that WOW factor. Which is very surprising because it’s basically cheese + hot sauce – 2 of my favorite things. Tis life I suppose.
2 T. olive oil
3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
8 oz. sour cream
16 oz. cream cheese
¾ C. Parmesan
¾ C. Mozzarella + ½ C. mozzarella for topping
1/3 C. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
2/3 C.IPA beer (I used Lagunitas)
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 T. cornstarch
½ C. blue cheese crumbles
1. preheat oven to 350°.
2. heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
3. add the chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes
4. add the sour cream + cream cheese + Parmesan + ¾ C. mozzarella + Frank’s Red Hot Sauce + IPA beer + garlic powder + cornstarch to a food processor or blender and process until well combined.
5. pour mixture into an oven safe dish and mix in chicken pieces.
6. add remaining mozzarella to the top
7. bake for about 15 minutes – cheese should be warm and bubbly.
8. remove from oven and sprinkle with blue cheese.
I served it with chips + celery sticks. It makes enough to feed a Super Bowl party’s worth of people so we definitely had leftovers for days. This was one of those live and learn recipes and though it didn’t taste heavenly, I’m glad I still gave it a whirl!