welcome back to me + 8 minute green muffins
It’s been about 1 year, to the day practically, since I started this blog. I figured what better time to start back up than Park Street’s 1st birthversary*.
What have I been doing the past year? Not adding recipes to the pantry!
But I have been cooking a lot, learning a bit, photographing (with my new camera) not as much as I should, traveling a little, + eating a bunch.
So here is my welcome back recipe. It’s so simple + yummy. I have made it a handful of times the past year, but never exactly the same as the recipe I found on The Diva Dish blog. She adapted it from Stuft Mama. So who knows if my version tastes anything like the original. I do know that it’s a quick breakfast that is easily switched up because there are so many topping options.
I’m calling it realistically 8 minute green muffins (4 minutes prep + 4 minutes cooking)ingredients:
2 T. almond milk
1 C. spinach
1 banana or 1/3 C. frozen peaches
1 T. vanilla
2 T. flour
2 T. coconut, finely shredded (optional)
1 T. chia seeds
1 T. flax seed, ground
2 T. oats
1/2 tsp. baking powder directions:
1. completely blend egg, milk, spinach, banana/peaches, and vanilla in a blender.
2. mix flour, coconut, chia seeds, flax seeds, oats, and baking powder in a bowl.
3. add your wet ingredients to the bowl and mix it all up.
4. grab a large coffee mug and spray with cooking spray.
5. pour the batter in the mug. it should be about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
4. put the mug in the microwave for 4 minutes.
5. plop it into a bowl and start adding your toppings.
The topping options are endless. This time I added apple butter and PB2. In the past I’ve added fruit, coconut, peanut butter, chocolate raspberry sauce, nuts… like I said, endless options.
It’s Jinx approved.*birth•ver•sa•ry
[burth-vur-suh-ree], plural -ries, adjective
1. the yearly recurrence of the date of Park Street’s commencement of existence.
2. the celebration or commemoration of Park Street.